08-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #40
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI Logics View Post
The Dinan camber plates and M3 front suspension components compliment each other nicely. Seems like the perfect setup for someone who wants to set 'em and forget 'em.

-Josh
Quote:
Originally Posted by fboutlaw View Post
I've used the Dinan Plates, Vorschlag plates, and M3 control arms in different stages of my build.

If you want solid, go with Dinan Plates. You get -1.5 camber off of them and it's really just a metal plate to move the mounting points. If you are still wearing down the outer edges, get M3 control arms as well which give you better steering feel as an additional benefit. This will get you around -2.3 deg, which is pretty ample for track.

I did go more extreme though with Vorshlag's and M3 arms, which give -3.7 deg camber, which I've found fantastic for track. There was a little squeaking the first 500 miles with the Vorshlag's in my case. Now there is zero noise and I don't notice any extra sound after 10 month, 7 autox's, and 3 track days.

+1, I'm running Dinan + M3 arms + strut pins removed and I could've gone up to -2.2* but ultimately settled for -2.0 since the car is my daily but huge improvement on turn in, no NVH and car appears totally stock.