View Single Post
      12-02-2015, 02:23 AM   #52
slonik
Lieutenant
Russia
Rep
Drives: e46 M3, e82v8 (s65 swapped)

Quote:
Awesome build. Can you provide any additional details on the dct cooler and hose routing? Are you still using the factory heat exchanger to warm up the trans fluid?
our at transmission had additional oil cooler installed previously (small enough), so first time we use same config. it was fitted on one of the stock exchanger lines.
when we fitted large cooler later, we use same lines to save time. i have in plans to change this config to something more neatly, cause i don't like a lot of bended lines there.

as i know dct cooling system has thermostat, so i don't understand, why people say "cooling system warms transmission oil".

and, do you saw dct temperatures? dct controls temperature in few points and i'm shocked how it's hot on some units, for example like forks cooling.
when we had small cooler, after second overheat warning i saw in log something about 180c degrees... same time, point with lowest temperature was about 130c degrees.

i can try to upload pics with dct information from Rheingold later, if you didn't saw this previously.
Appreciate 0