View Single Post
      08-13-2009, 03:47 PM   #42
mcflow
Rep
Drives: 3-door Hatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by aacabriolet View Post
mcflow - the mio runs on Windows right?

So it would be easy to import the South African maps on there?
Hey,

yes you're right - it runs with Windows CE. I guess so, but I really can't tell you if they have SA maps I only know that they have Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartM View Post
McFlow, you have done a great job there, and it fits and looks like it works perfectly. I congratulate you on a perfect job done, you must be very pleased with it

I have thought long and hard on this, but I cant justify trying this myself as my car has under 300 miles on it, and my electronic skills are in no way as good as yours.

Can I please ask your advise about Sat Navs though, as you seem to know your stuff?

What I would like is a portable Sat Nav device, that would sit and fit in the dashboard cubby nicely, but with the standard non-motorised flap.I have the one that you open up yourself. I would then run the power cable down the dashboard, as I only use the sat nav when touring europe. It would need to be able to navigate around France/Germany/Switzerland/Austria, and be reliable. On occasion I have been stuck in places waiting for boats etc, so the ability to read movies that I have on a SD card would be fantastic, I would have no need for Digital TV as I only speak and read English.

Only the TV versions of the Mio seem to be able to play movies, can any of the less expensive ones also do this?

I'd appreciate any help with this, as I dont really want to buy a device that wont do the job or doesnt fit nicely.

Thanks,

Stuart
Thanks mate

well I am not really into the sat nav systems - I just saw the thread of the spanish guys and thought - you need to have that

But we have some users in our german forum where they installed some other sat navs in the storage compartment in the dashboard.

Why don't you want to buy the original BMW Navi portable (Pro)?

Other possibilities:

Navigon in storage bin

Medion GoPal P4410 in storage bin

I am sorry that I couldn't give you a better answer...
Appreciate 0