View Single Post
      01-24-2007, 12:14 PM   #10
spudw
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

Good to have you firmly on board, Brookside. I was concerned you were becoming a distracted ally when you were musing about interim measures...

Here's some more stuff on the A1/2 concept from Autoblog. I see this car as being more competitive with the 1er/2er. As would be expected, the renderings below are more evokative and inspiring than the shotting brake concept, but both are an indication that Audi intends to be an aggressive competitor in the luxury sport-compact niche. Good for us if this motivates BMW, esp. if it comes to N/A. There would be no shortage of good choices...

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/01/24/f...n-the-audi-a1/

http://www.infomotori.co.uk/a_6_EN_16832_1.html

"Future speculation on the Audi A1

Posted Jan 24th 2007 6:51AM by Damon Lavrinc
Filed under: Concept Cars, Hatchbacks, Audi

Infomotori's commissioned designer has come out with several more images that elaborate on the speculation surrounding Audi's possible release of a premium B/C segment competitor. Such a vehicle will assuredly be dubbed the A1, slotting below the A3, and aimed squarely at other German luxury offerings, as well as the MINI Cooper.

Andrea Rosati takes several cues from Audi's Shooting Brake concept, but manages to utilize more of the lines from the recently released TT and R8. The corporate gaping maw front clip is present and accounted for, as are the seven-spoke wheels pulled straight from the RS4. From there however, the diversions become more apparent, with a much more upright stance that runs counter to Audi's current low slung offerings, as well as narrower headlamps that are pulled back at a more extreme angle to the outsides of the vehicle, starkly contrasting the lights currently employed by the TT.

Although we have normally dispatch most artist's renderings as pure speculation, there were a few trick elements that we'd like to see utilized on future Audis: namely, the angular central exhaust outlet and the Audi-logo-turned-third-brake-light.

Follow the "Read" link for all the renderings, a few pics of the Shooting Brake Concept and some speculation on possible powertrains."

Appreciate 0