12-29-2011, 09:46 AM   #38
Oaktree
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 X5 - 2010 M3 - 1999 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaktree View Post
I just finished the install in about 50 minutes ( jack stands and on my back). It feels lighter as it should without two cats gone. I purchased at Tischer BMW - best price.
From a startup and quick rev you get a little more bite (backfire type sound) as rpm's decrease but I can't tell any major difference at idle and on the upswing of the rpm.
I'll be driving it hard tommorrow and will update my post. I expect it to have a nice affect at speed.
OK, acceleration sound is much better with the N55 - no doubt. Much meaner, angrier and it now starts to overwhelm the intake and drivetrain sounds. I'm not hearing a major difference in rasp or backfire type sounds on deceleration...that’s ok though since acceleration finally has the bite I wanted. You do get a little burping on deceleration. Does it spool faster? I think so but it’s hard to say, it feels like it pulls faster and rev’s stronger. Drone, both my wife and I thought it decreased at 65mph but the Magnaflow seems to have its own character and decides to drone when it wants too. TBD but it would be great if this was a potential solve.
Appreciate 0