View Single Post
      09-13-2010, 10:50 PM   #80
N55_BBM
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

followed the DIY and although it was quite easy, i thought I'd post to warn those who come after me.

proceeded to debadge my 135i this evening, seeing that I have a detailing appointment scheduled for tomorrow. Took all the instruments except for the blow dryer/heat gun... no outlets in my building's garage..

Anyway, taking the numbers and adhesive off was a piece of cake.. I applied goo gone, got all the glue out with little to no effort, and cleaned the panel up.. HOWEVER, i noticed that I ended up leaving a bunch of little scratches and swirls, probably due to the floss. I used a very lubricated and soft floss but it still did a little bit of damage to my paint. luckily my car is AW and it doesn't show much, but hopefully the detailer can take care of this tomorrow.

another thing is that despite the car being only 45 days old, after removing the emblem and cleaning everything up, if you inspect the area very closely in the correct angle you can see a contour of where the emblem used to be.. my car is brand new and it's a little weird that I got this, but it happened.. hopefully the detailing will fix this as well..

so just a little warning to those out there who plan on pursuing this.. GO EASY WITH THE FLOSS AND HEAT THE EMBLEM UP

PS: I'm attaching crappy iphone pictures for your entertainment. I couldn't decide if I wanted it debadged or if I wanted to but a matte black emblem on, so I had to improvise to see how it would look without actually gluing it
Attached Images

Appreciate 0