09-29-2005, 07:26 AM   #10
thebigman
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E90 320d SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP
Ah, my friend... you have stumbled onto the single most disgusting fact about Americans. Long ago the King's English was forsaken in favor of lazy tongued slang, words and phrases used incorrectly or out of context, etc. Our schools are too busy worrying that everyone must pass, and continue to lower the standards to meet the least common denominator. Parents are too busy worrying that their children might not like them to do any actual parenting.

Bad grammar exists the world over, and I know it is no different in the UK (though your slang and liberties with grammar are far more amusing to me). What really gets me is, as you've pointed out, using phrases incorrectly and even words that don't exist (like irregardless). I'm always disappointed that people take no pride in learning the lanuage they speak. "Could care less" of course, means that one does care, perhaps significantly.. and therefore is is possible for them to care less. The proper phrase, as you have pointed out is "couldn't care less" which implies the complete absence of concern.

Well, my Anglo friend, if you're going to deal with us Americans you will have to get used to STUPIDITY and LAZINESS. And we seem to be proud of it (this will be displayed shortly by the grunts and barks in reply to this post...).

Yeah, this was . So what.

Colour.
Appreciate 0