View Single Post
      10-14-2005, 07:37 AM   #84
MCS
e90 newbie
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 E93

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Isn't Mark Levinson an upscale division of Harmon Kardon?!? I've listened to the ML system in a LS430 and it sounds out of this world. Due to a couple of factors: the LS430 is one of the quietest interiors, and the stereo design was custom made for the car & its acoustical character. We skipped on the ML option for the RX because 1 - its costly, 2 - the RX is a noisier car than the LS, and, lastly, because we thought the stock audio sounds fine for commuting/hauling the family on weekends.

I own a B&O system at home and to me, you really can't compare home audio vs car audio.

Lexus is aimed squarely at the BMW target audience. BMW is not necessarily running scared, but they are quickly looking into making engine improvements in HP to compete.

Having not driven the IS350, I can't comment on the handling vs the e90. All I know is that I enjoy driving the E90 a great deal around corners as I'm sure a brand new IS owner will do to.

Can't knock Toyota, they are the most efficient and profitable car company in the world. Porsche and BMW are the most profitable per car company in the world. Interpret that as you wish.