BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin@ADVAN Performance View Post
Hey Vinney,

the "breather vent" is incorporated into the "Aero 300" cap, the relief valve is a function of the centre pin.

I'm not sure if Pete will be anodising any future tanks, as the anodising process is costly when doing a one-off and the facility that did the E92 tank that I recently sent to the US, was a pain to deal with to say the least.

If we had 4 or 5 tanks to do at once it wouldn't be as much of a problem, the cost would also be a lot more reasonable.

I believe he's considering going from 2.5 mm to 3 mm aluminium sheet to negate any concerns with Meth' induced corrosion.

For those guys that are not too keen on the raw look, black powder coating of the tank looks quite good too and it's cost effective.

Lastly Vinney could you please relay your average and maximum oil temps during your recent track day, I have a few potential customers that are looking for some real world track data of our Stage 2 oil cooler kit.

Cheers,

JD.
Justin - if I recall correctly, temps hit 125 degrees momentarily but quickly came down to 120 degrees. The temps would range between 110-120 degrees for the most part, which is a decent result at this track. Also, keep in mind the temp conditions outside were 10 degrees cooler than my last day out at the track at 16.5 degrees which is ideal, imho. No oil temp related limp modes. Peter is going to get back to me with a few things later this week and then I will post a review with track results, photos, fitment etc.
Appreciate 0