01-09-2011, 07:39 PM   #89
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
The CCFL will only use 4 bulbs behind the ring as compared to the LED which has lots of individual bulbs to seem it together. I would assume that CCFL would create a blob because of that.
The CCFLs are "light tubes" so the entire thing lights up evenly and there aren't any bulbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
The blue tint is an easy fix by lowering the temp of the color. I do see your point on the individual LED's... Getting a perfect OEM type light is a problem faced by all 3rd party manufacturers of halos. It can be close to OEM but never will be OEM, which is why you pay less... ($700 compared to $3600).
I'm not talking about the Kelvin rating of the LEDs installed in Sam's lights. What I'm referring to is the blue color of the plastic that the Depo AEs are made out of. In every picture, including retailer's websites, they have a blue tint to them. Also, people who actually own them have confirmed that they appear blue in-person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenkirby21 View Post
i kinda like the individual LED design, but it somewhat looks like an audi i guess hehe
And that's the crux of me being torn. The many individual LEDs are not something that BMW implements on their cars so I'm concerned that, in-person, the individual LEDs will be noticeable up close and the lights will look like they're something from the aftermarket. When I mod my cars, I try to adhere as closely as possible to the OE pieces. If I had a Civic, you'd never catch me with lights like we're talking about here because no Civic comes with lights like these. I guess it's just my OCD taking over, as usual
Appreciate 0