View Single Post
      06-08-2008, 03:47 PM   #5
hitthemark41
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince View Post
Officially, BMW calls it Black Sapphire Metallic. In pics, I can't tell if it's black/gray, charcoal gray/gray, dark gray, or dark blue gray. In the showroom, I saw it on an M6 -- it looked dusty gray, but very dark. What is it? Is there "sapphire" in it? Or is it like a charcoal gray suit and the word "sapphire" is misleading.

In the end, I gave up trying to choose between this and SGM and Monaco Blue. My dealer was very patient because, over a two week period I changed the color three times (this is a European Delivery for July and the car has of now no assigned VIN #).

Yesterday, I changed the color to Monaco Blue. No more changes! I initially didn't want this color, even though I like it alot because I had a Carbon Black (is it blue, or is it black, ladies and gentlemen?!) M3 and a CB M5, along with a blue 5-Series.

Which begs another question: is Monaco Blue the new Carbon Black? I am extremely confused!!!

All of this is further confusing when you have to make up your mind and the dealer doesn't have your color choices on other cars to see in person.

It's tough being a customer!
it's BLACK! haha...but it DOES throw a lil color (blue, etc) I think in sunlight. I'm glad you found peace with monaco...that was my first choice too...but everytime I saw it in person, it was drab and boring...at least to ME! In the end, I'm a sucker for black (my FAV would have been Carbon Black..but alas I chose the 1er and not a E46 M3 haha) :thumbup:

2008 (Year 1 of the One ) 135i
Black Sapphire Metallic/Savanna Beige/
Gray Poplar/6MT/Sports & Premium pkgs/CA/Heated Seats/HD/PDC
Mods:35% tint / clear bra / Perf. pedals
Appreciate 0