06-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #69
i128
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 340iX (6MT) - X3///M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyeman View Post
i128, rolling is what you are showing above. You are correct, there is very little to roll on our front fenders. Then in the rear that inner lips is much stiffer than in typical cars, especially as you get around to both sides. After you get it rolled, the area that will still usually rub is in the rear of the fender where the bumper connects. You can't roll that area.

So what many go further and do is they "pull" their fenders which is bending the fenders further out. When you do this much in the front you'll tend to get a slight fitment issue between the fender and the bumper.

Another option is "trimming" the inner fender. That's where you cut out the inner fender lip. This will gain the most space. I probably should have went with trimming since I still rub but I was scared to try it.

Btw, with minor rubbing, it's usually just that inner liner that's rubbing, most cut it out. I cut mine out on the fender side up close to the top of the arch and the left over liner still sits in there nicely.
Thanks for the tips!
I will try and see if with some driving they"ll "settle-in"

If not i"ll have to try option 3, trimming the liner.... it seems like the less invasive surgery...lol, plus probably will cost the least if I mess it up...
Appreciate 0