View Single Post
      12-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

excellent car in snow

I can say 100% that with snow tires and the dts/tcs on this car handles very very good in the snow. We just had the record amount of snow in london here over 100cm of snow in 2 days and I had to drive each day in it. My neighbourhood roads are complete sh@t right now, but this car goes right through the stuff. There are ruts, heaves and hollows from all the snow and the suspension keeps going no issues. I was at work and the car was burried under dirfts of snow, the parking lot plows went around my car. I dug out as much as I could, put the car in reverse and went right out of the mess. I turned the dts off and gunned the engine in a snow covered lot the car did complete doughnuts, put it back on no such thing. Don't get me wrong, this car is not x drive, but with SNOW tires (not all seasons) and dts this car is great. As matter of fact sort of fun to drive in my neighbourhood almost feels rally like having it slip around sometimes. Before this car I had fwd honda civics and mz3 and they would all spin tires (as all had no tcs) from stops, with this 128i you get a little spin but tcs takes over corrects it and way you go.
Appreciate 0