View Single Post
      12-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #5
supraking
Captain
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe 6MT

Garage List
2009 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Just to clarify for those who are unaware, DTC is actually a more dynamic (aggressive) traction setting. So you're allowing for more slip when DTC is on (DSC is OFF) compared to normal (no indicators on dash).

I drive with DTC turned on as well, though if I'm trying to get through some deep snow I'll leave it off for the moment. Also, any high speed driving (highway or anything above 40mph) I'll usually leave DTC off. I'm not trying to pull anything fancy and at that speed, if you lose traction on two or three tires, your chances of recovering from a spin on snow/ice aren't great.

A few days ago we had a snowstorm, I couldn't get my car up a hill afterwards. I started on the hill from a standstill (so no momentum) and was able to get up about 20 feet, but then the car just kept slipping. I turned it around and found another way, though that wasn't much fun to be honest.

Gotta be gentle on the throttle as others have said and you'll be okay. But go find an empty parking lot and take DSC/DTC off and have a great time
Appreciate 0