Thread: DCT problems
View Single Post
      02-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #92
little old lady
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i White

At 15,000km 135i with DCT stalled a couple of times and it did it again at 21,000km. Also at 16,000km, started surging to 2,500 rpm when coming to a stop. First, dealership said it was low battery, so they put in a bigger battery and I bought their $450 charger. Took it back for the stalling and surging problem at 21k and they said that out of 70 tanks of gas, only 4 were premium, which was BS. All were 93 or 94 octane and I had receipts for all. They reprogrammed the DCT but it was still surging before stopping. Then the transmission threw 3 codes and was grinding on the way back to the dealership. They put in thousands of dollars replacing clutch and transmission parts. They haven't solved why the gas is reading wrong and they've had the car for a month now waiting for a software upgrade from BMW so they can read the gas again. They won't replace the onboard computer which is obviously reading the gas wrong, so the car is tuned for regular gas! I hate this car now and its gone before it goes off warranty.
Appreciate 0