View Single Post
      08-11-2008, 06:58 PM   #15
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey View Post
Some info: today I took my car to the dealer for them to have a look at this issue. They gave me a loaner 1 series hatchback model (doesn't have frameless front windows)... Well you should have heard wind noise in that car - it was like 10 times worse. As I suspected they said that everything is within spec and if they would try to "calibrate" the angle of windows then this would probably result in water leaks. I tried to lubricate seals with some glicerine which (at least) keeps rubber look "more fresh" - and maybe this also reduced a noise for just a tiny bit as well (mind you it could also be just a placebo :biggrin. If someone has some other suggestions, don't keep them to yourself and let us other 1 addicts know. Just thinking...maybe the solution would be to add another very thin layer of rubber to existing seal.

Good day to you all :smile:
in my vette i had a removable roof, so the seal was not perfect. when i'd complain to the dealer they would "tighten the window" and it would cause the noise to decrease but it never completely solved the problem. but that may be expected with a removeable roof. funny how chevy service is actually better than bmw service, because they would actually listen to what the customer said (without having to reproduce the defect themselves, since they wouldn't drive it over 65). bmw just said "its in spec." Then i had the g35 that had frameless doors also, but had 0 wind noise. funny how infiniti quality is better than bmw quality.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0