Apiasto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apiasto View Post
First off excuse me if I'm reiterating any previously stated facts, I read up to page three and saw some flaws in the arguments and simply skipped to the end to comment. That being said, you claim that you don't want to believe anything because no numbers exist to back up the theories. That is a valid argument but experiences are there and the two that stand out in my mind are that the 1M is faster around a track than an E9X M3 and that the Z06 is in fact faster than a ZR1 around a track. I have to find the link for the 1M vs M3 and the later I have the magazine article at my house.

Just because the numbers don't exist does not mean that it isn't the case. If we only believed what was written in stone than we would still think that the earth is flat. I do believe that if we were to compare apples to apples (ie a bone stock 135 vs bone stock 128 with the same driver/conditions) the 128 would in fact be the quicker car around the track. I'm not saying it would be leaps and bounds quicker but it would edge it out.
You speak in general terms here. Bacause a particular car might edge out another at one track doesnt mean that its a faster car in all repects of racing. Most use times from various sanctioned tracks to get a track record of a cars performance. Not one run done in a parking lot with cones set up for example. What tracks are you referring to?
Most track times for the ZR1/Z06 battles have the ZR1 coming out ahead of the Z06. Nurburgring(Holy Grail track for many) for one example of many.

The E92 M3 is also faster than the 1M at the Ring as it is at more tracks than not.
I think its safe to assume that the 135 is faster than the 128 around most tracks as well but because the 128 has so little official track times posted anywhere(leave it to you to figure out why) its all speculation, I guess.
It was Road & Tracks April 2012 issue, Tommy Milner took all of the Corvette variants around the Spring Mountain track and the Z06 edged out the ZR1. Here is one of the articles I saw about the 1M:

http://www.autospies.com/news/The-Ultimate-BMW-M-Track-Day-1M-vs-M3-vs-E60-M5-vs-F10-M5-vs-X5M-vs-X6M-There-s-Even-A-SURPRISE-68390/

Aside from the lightened M3 CRT it edges out the M3s. But let's agree to disagree because until more data is formed than all it is speculation. I just wanted to put 2 cents in. I actually like the 135 I just stuck with N/A because I like the smooth feeling rather than boost.

Now getting back on topic, are there any good sites for parts in general for suspension. Sorry I'm a noob to the BMW world. I just bought my 1er I'm February. Y previous car was a RSX Type-S so I don't even know where to begin. My original plans were to do an all motor build but after seeing that there aren't too many parts around I got discouraged. Idk if Cams were discussed earlier but are there any available?
Appreciate 0