United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, '88 325is

Garage List
1988 BMW 325is  [0.00]
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm View Post
Wait... You mean that in the US model when you press the fog light button only the front fog lights turn on???

Wtf?! That is retarded...
The US model 1M and 135 do not have front fog lights. The tail lights do however have bulbs that function as rear fog lights, but the US models do not have the button next to the headlight switch to activate these rear fog lights. The simple solution was to order and install the European switch module that includes the button for the rear fogs.

My guess why this function wasn't included in the US model is that Americans do not seem to understand how to or when to use rear fog lights. I see Audis driving around here all the time with one taillight much brighter than the other because the driver turned on the rear fog light, probably without knowing it. They probably see the two buttons on the dash and think one is for the left front fog light and the other is for the right front fog light which wouldn't make much sense anyway. It seems that people around where I live drive with their front fog lights on all the time too, which is also unnecessary.