View Single Post
      02-07-2012, 06:38 PM   #82
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

All I am saying is that you read the car's 1 series manual and it tells you about the fog light switch, where it is and how to use it and then you look at the actual lights control switch cluster in the car and the fog light button is effectively not there (as in there's the black plastic cover but no sign on it and you can't physically push it in).

Now, I can totally believe the fact that actually the switch is there and you just need to cut the tabs to make it functional as described in the linked posts. Which is totally great and I will probably do it soon (we do get our share of fog at times in northern california ... in summer ).

All signs point out to the fact that for some (stupid) legal reason some places in the US have outlawed fog lights, and so when making the US version of the car they just 'disabled' the fog light function by putting in the plastic button with the tabs so you can't press it (and didn't print the fog light logo on the switch).

And then they forgot to delete the part of the documentation describing the fog lights when editing it for the US version.
Appreciate 0