Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i,1989 PRO3,2001 530i

Garage List
2010 135i coupe  [7.56]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTE128i View Post
Hello, I noticed your amp is installed under the floor mat. Its a clean install great work. I am researching options for my car right now and I have had amps in the past the produce intense heat. Do you have any concerns of your amp overheating or causing an issue? I have been reading several reviews on the Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-1 300 Watt Mono Amplifier, it claims to be a cool running amp. I just don't know how that will work out if I put it in that unventilated space. I was thinking maybe I would try to hang it from the top of the trunk. IDK yet, maybe I am just being paranoid. I love that awesome sealed enclosure. I hope the guy who makes those is still in business. I was thinking so far I would match the RF amp with a kicker COMP-v or maybe a MTX thunder sub. Not sure yet. My layout is budget friendly. I was planning on using a high to low converter for the mono sub input. Any thoughts before I start making blue print and buying my stuff?
There is LOTS of stuff on the site in regards to recs on install. Regarding the amp it really depends on the cooling mech and room you allow for you install. I have my older PPI amps under the trunk cover and now have a Zapco under the cover with some clearence to allow air flow.

If you use a line converter, make sure you do not plug into the rear outputs since our stereos are equalized to have NO bass output from the rear speakers.

Do a search from MusicarNW on the site and some of my post and you will see exactly what i did