View Single Post
      11-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #2
Robbie135
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3 SSII

When it comes to catless downpipes and emissions, changing the aftermarket to stock is usually one of the aspects that comes with it, especially with myself being in Cali. Catless Downpipes are going to yield you the most power as far as bolt ons go. I don't have any experience or know of the power difference between catless and high flow but I do know of some friends who can't pass smog even with their high flows. And smog here is bi-annually so I usually just suck it up and swap out the pipes when the time comes.

Having just catless downpipes IMO didn't have too much of a sound increase unless I was WOT and the smell wasn't too noticeable.

For BOV I also see most people using the Tial BOV, with little to no issues. I personally use the HKS SSQV BOV and love it. Has that signature "flutter" sound which I like. I don't think there's any pros and cons when it comes to a reputable, proven BOV brand. Just a difference in sound really.

For the chargepipe my stock one broke under stock boost and I replaced it with a VRSF chargepipe with no issues at all. Most if the older heads I see use an ER chargepipe
Appreciate 0