View Single Post
      01-21-2018, 10:18 AM   #6
Mandinca
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E88 and 2016 F85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex1.0 View Post
In CT it’s all about obd2 compliance. No codes, no problems. With no other changes running catless you will throw a cat efficiency code. Running high flow, you may throw a cat code. The fix is to flash (not 100%) this works, or change the rear sensor in some way. I will let you search.

FYI, running completely catless sucks imo. Stinky exhaust, spew emissions and not much more power than hfc. If n55 I would go hfc. If n54, you could go catless dp but leave the factory mid pipe with cats.

Factory cats not the best for power

No cat is not good either.

Some cats are just right.
I have n54, I was planning catless DP with factory mid pipes. Everything I have read says to use JB4 or MHD tune with catless DP's and a FMIC. Are you saying I would actually be better off with HF DP's. I don't mind the smell so much unless it's really bad. I was catless on my Mazdaspeed6 and hardly noticed it unless it was idling somewhere which was rare. That said, swapping the DP was an hour job....LOL

As for emission inspection, I understood that OBDII replaced the sniffer but that there was still a visual inspection for cats in the downpipes. Do they even bother or are the inspection stations satisfied with mid pipe cats ?
Where do you take yours for inspections ?
Appreciate 0