mb135is
Captain
Rep
Drives: '13 135is #180/586

[QUOTE=NavyChop93]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb135is View Post
Update on break in service:

Also, I asked them to try to remove the automatic wipers. They worked quite a while trying to figure it out, and it's impossible (according to them) on this car. Guess I'll be slopping plenty of rain-x on the windshield as my brain cannot handle the varying speeds of the auto wipers. OCD at its finest right there.

Reply:

So not trying to be master of the obvious, but on my test drive it was raining and I accidentally turned off the auto wipers; dealer turned them back on. Just downloaded the manual and page 72 explains how the auto-wiping system can be deactivated. Again, not being sarcastic here, just trying to help, but I don't have my car yet so I can't test to be sure.

Regarding Rain-X, huge fan! I find it tiring to watch the wipers so I seldom ever use them. For me, Rain-X is a safety requirement for any vehicle in my family...night time rain fully disappears and there is no loss of visibility IMHO.
No worries! When you deactivate auto wipers the speed sensitive function remains which totally negates the basic ability to have intermittent wipers at any speed.

Unless I'm totally wrong.

E82 '13 135is - Space Gray/Coral Red, 6 MT,
Heated Seats, 50% tint, clear bra, BMW Perf. Grilles, BMW Perf. CF Diffuser - #180/586
Appreciate 0