View Single Post
      01-03-2009, 08:47 AM   #57
Juicer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadasracecar View Post
The problem is they haven't shown anywhere that they do control timing. In the absence of any datalogs showing that they pull timing while doubling the boost, i'd at least like a reasonable explanation for how timing is pulled. If it's not CPS offset, then how are they doing it? Magic? I need more than that for my $45K car. I could also care less about dynos. There was fully built mazdaspeed3 that was the first to hit "400 whp." The car never ran right after, the turbo blew in a week and the dyno was a dynocom that routinely hit 30-40 whp higher than other local setups. I don't give a shit about the number, I want more performance from a tune I can trust and I'm not trusting it if I don't know that it works. I don't know that the JB3 can pull timing and nothing has shown me that it can.
How's 120 mph:headbang: in the 1/4 for performace http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--135i-Drag-Racing.html. Ever driven a JB3 tuned car? Incredible power with silky smooth throttle responce. The ecu is much different and more complicated on the new BMW's compared with Mazdas. You can't take what you know from Mazda tuning and automatically assume it applies to the N54. The proof is in the pudding. Go drive a JB3 car and then tell me there's no control of timing. BMS has found a better way of doing things through extensive testing. Eventually you guys will figure out how the JB3 is working and incorperate it into your own tunes, but don't expect BMS to explain to you how to copy it on an internet forum
Appreciate 0