View Single Post
      07-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #21
1mmaniac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autobotvu View Post
Does the car need a wax when it comes in?
Depends on how it's delivered, from factory it doesn't get any wax but it's not 'deliverable' either; so it will always get some cleaning/detailing, it just depends on what you agreed on with the dealer. Bear in mind that a full detail in dealers terms is in most cases nowhere near a full detail in detailers terms.

Quote:
My car comes in like a month

And what are the best things and products to buy for it.

I seen alot megulars stuff then theres mothers.
Those are known brands, but certainly not the only good brands out there. I use various products from the following brands: Poorboys World, Dodo Juice, Monello and some more; no one brand is the best

Quote:
Whats the best lambswool?
Should i even buy microfiber?
Use a washmitt, watch videos online how to use the mitts. The most important thing is how you use the mitt and a 2-bucket system.

Get yourself some microfiber cloths to, you cannot have to much of those!

Quote:
And should i get some sort of water add on part for the hose to make water spray different?
No, use no attachments at all. Best is to use the biggest, as in 'has the most volume in a single jet', jet you can get; practically this usually means just use a cut end of a garden hose. This is also how it's possible to dry your whole car with a single drying cloth.

Quote:
And last whats best wax should i get?
There is no 'best' wax. Just get one that easy to buff out to get started. First make a choice between liquid or past wax. Also decide if you like beading of sheeting properties better and then make a choice for wax.
Also watch some video's on how to apply it properly. And when you think you're using to little, take a 5th of that and you're probably still using to much Everything you buff out is excess wax.

ps for pastes; get yourself a panel pot first! Don't let the name fool you, one pot is enough to wax your whole car a few times; that's more than enough to get started and see if you still like it after you've put in some elbow grease

Quote:
Ill be cleaning at home i want to buy and have everything before it comes in im willing to spend up to 300
You can have some really nice products for that kind of money; start with basics like wasmitt, microfibercloths, drying towel. Supplement that with sample kits for shampoo, a detail spray and maybe wax. Don't be tempted to buy large quantities until you know what you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvandenhaute View Post
I may be late but I thought that it was better not to wax a new care for a few months for letting time to the paint to cure completely?
That's not true for modern factory coated cars, they do however warn for polishing. Bodyshop painted is a whole different story.

Quote:
My sales guy said they have a product at the port to get all cosmolens off the car and they do a full detail and use something called cila-jet to finish
What are cosmolens?

Sjors
Appreciate 0