View Single Post
      09-25-2013, 06:41 PM   #1
Tommeh
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 96 BMW M3 & 16 GMC Canyon

Cobb Accessport V3 Wire Tuck.

I have had my V3 for awhile now just sitting in the glove box.... I bought the V3 for the multiple displays, and figured it's about time to start using them.

At first I tried various cable routing solutions, with no yeild. The cable was never long enough to completely hide the wire. The second issue that bothered me was that the OBDII cover could not be secured with the huge 90 degree angle adapter that comes with the Cobb Accessport.

The solution to the OBDII cover and cable management for me, was this:
Ultra Low Profile Right or Left Angle OBD II

I. First you have to unscrew three hex bolts under the steering wheel.
II. Next pull out a plastic fastener on the right side that secures the bottom plastic, to the center console
III. Pull on the black door sealing to loosen it from the frame (Its held on with pressure).
IV. Pull the black panel with a indented "O" to the left of the left-most vent away from dash.

Should look like this now:

Next part is kinda tricky... Felt like I was straining the plastic to much and risked breaking the thin piece to the left of the OBDII cutout :x

V. Pull your OBDII extension up and over the interior wall.
VI. You may or may not have to unscrew the bolt that secures the hood latch to move the piece of plastic interior far enough to hide your OBDII male plug.

Once you get your OBDII male plugged in hide the wires the best you can and put the panels back together and your done.

Anyone else's steering wheel, and shift knob literally deteriorate when its super humid outside.............. Mine does. I swear if it rains outside and I drive my car my hands are black when I get out of the car :c

I think I will finalize the installation and tape it to the dash here: