BGR
Captain
Rep
Drives: C7 GS 7MT; e90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 128Convertibleguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by John_01 View Post
I got 1.2 ~ 1.3 degrees with the front arms on BMW performance suspension. Maybe the extra ~15mm drop on the front that can give a tiny bit more camber.
It's not huge, but it's more than tiny. Ride height makes a considerable difference, which is one reason why different people get different results from the M3 arms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
I have no idea what it was prior to installing the M3 bits. I do know that before it understeers like no other at the track, and after the alignment I can actually see negative camber on the front wheels whereas before they looked vertical. I'm wondering if when BMW aligned the car prior to selling it CPO if they did a fairly conservative alignment.

Like I said before, they adjusted front camber to the max mechanical setting.
On a bone stock 1 series camber is not adjustable. It's locked in place by the pin.

And there's a fair variation from car to car. Another reason why different people get different results.

All in all camber varies enormously from car to car. Other people's experiences may not be relevant to you. Experience about the effects of a particular mod are only precisely relevant if everything else about the two cars is identical, including the production dimensions. Not very likely.
Great info, thanks.

Just driving up to the track I feel a noticeably difference, so hopefully it can be felt even more so while actually out there.
Appreciate 0