CarJunkie
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 1M, f87 M2cs

Garage List
2020 M2cs  [0.00]
2011 BMW 1M  [0.00]
I had been told that the replacement dash would arrive sometime in the late fall. Alas it is now January. I stopped by the dealer today and talked to my parts guy . . . still no ETA for the dash 7 months after it was ordered, and with supply issues as they are now it is unlikely that there will be any news soon.

I am considering taking a check from the insurance to cover the full estimated cost of repair PLUS compensation for loss of value. Honestly, I don't intend to sell the car. The cosmetic damage is minor and not visible except when washing the windshield. I have significant concerns about rattles after the whole dash is removed and replaced. Even if I did sell, I would never get top dollar for my 1M, which is clearly a "driver quality" car. From a financial perspective, the history of full dash replacement (would go onto Carfax due to insurance payout) may be as much of an issue to a potential buyer as the minor damage if left alone.

What says the collective mind here?

If I go the cash route, what is a reasonable "loss of value" claim for a car with dash replacement which previously had a clean carfax?
1M track toy mods: BMS chargepipe, BMS OCC, ADE FMIC, ADE motor mounts, MadDad/Lightweight Ti exhaust, ADE custom oil thermostat/cooler, custom MHD tune, F10 550i clutch, Ohlins R+T, Vorschlag camber plates, M3 'vert FSB with Turner endlinks, Stoptech Trophy BBK.
Appreciate 0