04-07-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
I've never driven the 128i or in New England, but I drive my 135i daily in NYC. The roads in Brooklyn are worse than anything i've ever experienced, but the car seems to handle bumps and uneven stretches very gracefully. I typically would not go over 60 mph on the highways here (traffic), but the car seems very planted and once again takes bumps very nicely. The suspension is somewhat stiff, but not bouncy or unsettling in my limited experience. I wouldn't say its overly stiff though, seems just right for my purposes (enthusiastic driving with few and far between track days). I don't have any problem controlling the power either. If you monitor your right foot you keep keep it fun without burning out the dsc/dtc lights. I'm still getting used to the clutch also as it catches very differently from my previous toyota.

In short, I think the 135i offers a very sporty feel and great handling while still being comfortable on most all roads. The power is excellent, and I wouldn't be concerned with having too much. Plus you get 6-piston brakes, tighter suspension, and some other nice features as well. Hope this helps.

Tim