View Single Post
      05-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #22
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I am in the market at the moment. It was either a 2011.75 M3 or a 2012 1M. After driving turbo cars, owning a 135i, and owning previous M3s, the reason you'd pick a M3 is strictly an illogical one based on feel. I have come to despise turbos. Maybe they aren't ready yet, but I dislike the lack of induction noise, and overall characteristic of the throttle response. I feel like journalists these days have come to expect a bit of turbo lag and inconsistency.

So although the 1M may even be quicker than the M3 in various areas, I'm still picking up the more expensive M3 just because of "feel" (and because they are a good deal right now--I feel that the 1M is overpriced and financing rates are far too high in Canada on them). In addtion; re: price. It's about $10K difference between an M3 and a 1M here in Canada. Though after incentives and negotiation that gap gets quite small. Our dealers aren't budging on the price for the 1M.

You can't go wrong with either, though. The last of the NA M3s and this 1M will both be sought-after cars, the former perhaps by M purists and the latter possibly by tuners.