View Single Post
      10-12-2010, 11:49 PM   #2
Kcyrusm
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 335is DCT

I just went through that decision myself. I ended up ordering a new 135i and here's why:

I couldn't find a nice low mile e46 M3 coupe with manual tranny for sale in my area that was well taken care of. I then started looking at the 335i, and my attention moved to the 135i for a few reasons. The 135i priced out to be $10,000 cheaper than the 335i with the same options (a lot of the 335i stuff is optional that comes with the 135i). The 135i is a lighter than both the e46 M3 and the 335i. This meant faster acceleration and a more nimble feel.

I also considered the costly oil changes/maintenance that come with an e46 M3 and any potential problems that would be costly because of the vehicle model and the fact that it is used and out of warranty. Getting a new 135i meant full maintenance warranty for 40,000/5 years. No need to worry about how the used M3 was taken care of and any potential problems. Yes, I spent more on a new car, but I have the assurance of a very comprehensive warranty and a fresh new vehicle that only I have driven.

I'm having my car built as I type in Germany with the exact specifications I want: color combo, options, etc. Also, mods produce more gains (depending on your choices) for the money with the turbo vehicle.

Both are great cars though. The choice ultimately comes down to you. Good luck!
Appreciate 0