02-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #19
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mryakanisachoad View Post
Yes, I think you're right about the fuel pressure figure. It's incredible to think about.
And, that pressure is the likely culprit for all the failures and/or blowing out the injectors, etc.

I think I just hate the idea of ethanol. It causes way more problems than it solves (corn ethanol). Food inflation is really harming America for no good reason.

Ethanol is as stupid as it gets, its just a subsidy for corn farmers.

I will say that when my injectors divebombed BMW tested the fuel in my tank for ethanol content.

Also, the few times I get stuck in Maine or Canada where 93 Octane isnt an option and im forced to add 91, the car doesnt run right for a week.

No idea why, but the whole thing doesnt feel right.

So im just a bit confused though, you want to add 2 stroke oil for lubrication purposes right? But wont that losen up deposits like techron does? Dont those deposits end up in your oil? Thats the logic ive heard behind only using fuel additives for the tank before your next oil change.

Also, at the pressures in the DI system a lot of compounds break down. So I would explicitly ask the oil manufacturers, but I guarantee that they have no idea as I cant think of a single DI lawnmower or chainsaw.

Appreciate 0