View Single Post
      03-31-2010, 08:28 AM   #13
Stuck
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80, Sakhir Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaGoneRogue View Post
Putting it in the oven doesn't change the color. I think that's what your suggesting. "Baking" them just melts the adhesive that holds the housing together so that you can pull it apart and remove the reflector manually. That's how it has always been done on other cars.
This was the exact process I used when clearing the lights on my STi. It's not that difficult, but it is a little time consuming and leaves little margin for error. Since you remove the lighting from the assembly (i.e. ballast, etc) there is little chance for harm in the oven - most problems occur during the resealing process. If the lights aren't resealed properly, water will flood the ballast and you'll need to have it replaced, which costs $$.

Here's the DIY I used for my old car http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...ear+headlights - the light removal is obviously different for ours but the heating/re-bonding procedure should be the same. To be honest, it's more intimidating than it is difficult because of the small margin for error.
Appreciate 0