Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M

Garage List
2011 1M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by frick38 View Post
If you haven't settled on a company yet you might want to check this website out. Allows you to choose your origin and destination state then see pricing and reviews from a lot of different companies. http://www.transportreviews.com/
thanks yeah I've been looking at that site and they have a lot reviews. The thing to note though is some of the reviewers have been compensated so I've been filtering by non-compensated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
There are numerous things to consider. Do you want enclosed? Do you want the cars stacked? If the car above yours is old and leaks it will drip onto your car.

My friend once used a company that bubble wrapped the cars in the trailer, I cant remember the name.

I wouldnt cut corners on shipping. The driver has your car keys. Id want a reputable company and not just pick the lowest rate on a website of bidders.
yeah def enclosed I've actually had two other cars transported, one with intercitylines and the other was through a dealer in AZ so I'm not sure which company. Didn't have problems with either one but I am always nervous when shipping brand new cars

Right now I'm leaning towards Domestic Auto Transport and Red Carpet, both gave me quotes in the $2000-$2400 range. Another issue is the pickup time. My dealer cannot load the car onto a transport for me, I have to physically go and take delivery, put it on a transport and then fly home. The narrow pickup window has some transporters flat out telling me they cannot guarantee the pickup and so cannot accept my business. Decisions decisions...
Appreciate 0