03-01-2012, 03:47 PM   #53
TaigaTii
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 1 Series M Coupe

Steel wheel/Maxxis tire

Originally posted by flzrider
"]I got my 18" OEM BMW wheel and my Maxxis tire mounted today. The M12 bolts have some play in the bolt holes in the wheels, as expected since they are made for M14, but the conical head of the bolts matches perfectly with the counter sink on the wheels. I haven't bolted it to the car yet, but I don't expect any issues. And like I mentioned earlier, the M3 guys have used this wheel successfully in the past

I will be ordering the BMW wheel from the dealer (about $90 cdn plus tax) and I have checked with Tire Rack on the Pirelli space saver tire but they are backordered and have no ETA. I then went to Maxxis in the US for that tire ($139 usd) and I tried to order it and have it shipped to Blaine, Wa but my Canadian Visa was rejected. They directed me to the Canadian Maxxis offices where the tire there is $190 cdn plus tax (ouch!). I will likely order from there.

flzrider -if you do "test fit" your OEM BMW wheel and Maxxis tire it would be greatly appreciated if you could report on this and possibly take a picture or two. Thanks --- pete
Appreciate 0