07-10-2014, 07:17 AM   #3533
Marc08EX
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Hey guys,

Long day as I got about 2-3 hours of sleep tops, then drove 100 miles each way to get the suspension picked up and installed. I'm going to go collapse and will come back later and give a longer and more articulate description of my initial thoughts and impressions on the performance suspension which I'll probably do as a main post on the forum.

In short though, it's a really great upgrade and feels amazing. Body roll is significantly reduced, but basically the entire car feels more stable, more planted, less jittery and squirrelly and bouncy, just tight and composed. It feels SOLID. A lot of that vertical travel is eliminated, but it's not harsh in any way shape or form. It kinda feels like the suspension equivalent of switching from runflats to PSS if that makes sense.

The really bad thing though is feels so composed and confident and handles so well, that it really inspires you to drive MUCH faster because the suspension feels less on edge. It eats the road for breakfast. Really great setup for a normal, daily driver with occasional spirited driving.

Initially, for the first minute or two, I'm like okay, I can feel the difference in my butt as basically lil bumps and stuff it feels like you get 50% of the vertical travel in the suspension. And when you do go over bumps, it feels like it's absorbed and kinda like a gentle thud as opposed to something jarring or twitchy as it was before. I could tell in the first turn I took though, which I didn't take fast, was just making a right hand turn to get on the freeway, but there was no body roll at all.

Later on my drive home though, as i'm plowing down PCH and the 101 doing 80+ mph, it felt even better at high speed. It's hard to describe. I took a bunch of pictures during the install which I'll probably post tomorrow along with more detailed thoughts. But here's a teaser shot of how it looked after about 50 miles of driving on it. Note that I'm on stock 215/245 sizes. I'll get a much better sense Thursday and Friday though how it handles my commute to work as there are numerous areas on my commute I drive on that are very bouncy or have jarring drops and such that were pretty extreme with the stock suspension, even on PSS. Enjoy!

EDIT - I'm adding in some more pics of the size of the boxes to the install and a couple more after photos
Finally Greg!!! I've been anticipating your post yesterday.

Looks like you are already in love with the performance suspension even with minimal seat time. I can't wait to hear your feedback after more seat time.

Your car looks stunning!!! Especially with those 313 wheels.

I can't believe how clean your hub is. Mine was rusted to hell.

The yellow springs are a nice touch, isn't it?

EDIT: I love the last picture. It's a nice 3/4 shot and seems like the clouds hid the sun. The reflections of the clouds and surroundings are amazing and the gloomy weather made your car look wet.
2011 135i 6MT | Alpine White | Terracotta Boston Leather | M-Sport | BMW Performance Exhaust Resonator Delete | Active Autowerke Signature Exhaust | BMW Performance Suspension | Blackline LCI Taillights | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | CF Rear Diffuser | PPK | E92 M3 FSB | Matte Black Kidney Grilles | VMR V710 Jet Anthracite | Michelin PSS | BMW SS Pedals

Last edited by Marc08EX; 07-10-2014 at 07:26 AM..
Appreciate 0