View Single Post
      07-10-2014, 01:53 PM   #3541
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post
That is honestly the perfect drop. It's funny how eve us 135is owners have a different mentality when it comes to modding out cars. We love the 'is' package so much want to do little as possible to significantly change the original car so even the most subtle upgrades are perfect. If anything the PS should've been part of the 135is like the other Performamce parts. I'm confined, I'm going down the PS route once I hit 60k (which for me isn't very long, already at 20k and only got the car last Sept).
Yes, I agree with that as well, which is why most of us probably got the IS package as opposed to a stripper 135 and then slammed it and put a JB4 on it, etc. etc. I like to think we're a classier, more refined bunch perhaps.

They really should have put the PS on the car to begin with, but guess they're cheapos. It really suits the car perfectly and transformed the car. I think it's a no brainer, all benefit, no downside improvement like the PE or getting PSS tires. Nobody should question it or if it's an improvement or worth the money.

One other note after talking to the tech there about the suspension setup and the weak links in it. They said aside from the shocks and springs, that the front control arms really are a weak link and upgrading to the m3 ones is a major improvement and turns in a lot better, too in case anyone was interested or curious. 3002 tii, you already have those I believe, so you probably know full well about their improvement.
Appreciate 0