View Single Post
      05-06-2008, 09:29 AM   #5
TagMan
Car Addict!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Convertible

Interior room is "cozy" and intimate. It's very comfortable and you will get used to it. The footwell is indeed a bit tighter than some other cars, but the clutch isn't a problem with space. If anything, I'd like a tad more space between the gas pedal and brake pedal. When driving with size 10-1/2 athletic shoes, it's a wee bit tight between the gas and brake pedals, but not the clutch pedal. I'm a similar size as you... 6'1", but my weight is 215. The seat and steering wheel all adjust with plenty of latitude and flexibility. You'll be fine. There is a tendency for the wheel to block a portion of the view of the gauges, however.

The clutch effort is light compared to most cars, and the distance is average... So it's a very easy car to shift. My Porsche has a much stiffer clutch, for example.

The 135i is FUN to drive with a manual... I strongly urge you to get the stick... I am certain you will not regret it, and you will enjoy it.

Hope all that helps!!