View Single Post
      04-08-2015, 06:59 AM   #1
Sixle
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: CR 135i N54 6MT

75D AKG Motorsport Subframe Bushings (4 month review)

I posted this in a reply to another post I had but thought I'd share since I hardly see any posts about AKG on this forum.

I built my own tool for the job and had all 4 stock bushings out and all the AKG bushings back in in roughly 1.5 hrs on my garage floor. Partly because the bushing is 2 piece on all four corners of the sub frame. The beautiful part is that after getting the stock bushings out, the AKG bushings with a little silicone grease slipped into the sub frame with a firm press of the hands. I actually never used the tool to re-install. I used the sub frame bolts to finish pressing in the last .25" of the bushing into the sub frame.

Just to clarify since there's always debate, these are polyurethane bushings and I've seen lots of threads saying poly bushings squeak, not so for these, I haven't heard a peep. There is also no increase in noise or harshness at all, maybe I'm not sensitive to it but it doesn't sound any worse to me. In fact, Id argue that the car actually feels smoother since the sub frame isn't wandering around under the car during spirited driving

One interesting thing I did notice is that when the rear wheels break traction it used to be very noticeable because it felt the the sub frame would shock load and bounce around under the car, now under heavy acceleration or slides if a wheel starts to spin I can barely tell through the chassis of car unless the wheel spin light is flashing. Hoping I can jump into an LSD later this year to see how those two work together but I'm extremely pleased with how they turned out.

These are the most underrated bushings for the 1 as far as I'm concerned, I would buy them over M3 bushings or Powerflex any day the ease of installation is probably the biggest selling point. Didn't have to disconnect brake lines or anything.

I bought my bushings from Harrison Motorsports in Alpharetta, GA. David explained how much he loved to install these instead of the OEM ///M Bushings

Last edited by Sixle; 04-10-2015 at 01:16 PM..
Appreciate 2