View Single Post
      05-12-2011, 09:44 PM   #54
1SerieStud
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 VO 1M (498 of 740)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrean8j View Post
They are minor as compared to what has been the trend for M engined vehicles versus their more "pedestrian" counterparts. I wonder if the piston ring change was done for better compression or for better heat transfer? Like I said I havent read much about that particular upgrade so maybe you could shed more light on that. The flywheel is a difference but i would wager it isn't a HUGE difference to the normal driver when driven back to back...just my opinion....
Obviously what's considered "minor" or "major" could be subjective to the person using the terminology. I consider them major because both upgrades affect the performance of the car substantially. The rings probably withstand compression better and provide a better seal given that this car not only pushes out more power out of the box, but the overboost feature is a variable that had to be compensated for.

I have to disagree that a light flywheel setup could go unnoticed. Without having driven the car, just by watching video just pay attention to how quickly those are rpms rise and fall when the car is revved; this is 100% crucial when it comes to the responsiveness and cat-like reflexes that this car is said to have. Such advantage is directly related to the lighter flywheel and not just the DME mappings.
Appreciate 0