10-08-2010, 11:24 AM   #9
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Jlevi SW View Post
Meely,

I am really sorry this product did not work out as planned but I'd like to clarify a few points first.

1) You purchased your car from a previous owner who purchased the headlights only from us. We did not originally supply the HID kit for these headlights and from photos that you sent over to me, it became apparent that the HID kit was added after the fact. After spending several hours diagnosing with you via email and online chat, it was clear that these were causing the errors as they did not have the error cancelers.

We don't refuse to support customers because they don't purchase the full product from us. However, it would be hard for you to expect to call Apple to get support on your Dell branded computer. With that said, we are familiar with the product and components and have extended ourselves to help you get it working properly.

2) You had asked us if it was possible to upgrade your headlights to the LED look with our new kit. I advised that your headlights were indeed DEPO brand based on photos you sent over and that our LED bulbs will work. You had asked repeatedly if this was similar to the WeissLicht upgrade, I advised repeatedly that it was not at all similar given the DEPO headlights us 4 individual T5 style bulbs per ring. However, it was entirely possible to install them from the back of the headlight. We sell this upgrade as a preinstalled option however I understand that some want to add it after the fact so we offer this option if you are willing to go through the installation.

We preinstall these for you if you choose the option but if you purchased these before the LED option came out, then you can definitely purchase the LED upgrade and do it yourself. I advise having it preinstalled by us for the easiest transition but again I can't control that so I am sorry that your mechanic charged you that much to do the installation.

4) After speaking with you via email and chat, I offered a full product refund given that you were not happy with the product. We have been in business for over 7 years and as enthusiasts, we understand that it can be very upsetting to install a product you are not at all happy with. As such, I provided you the opportunity to send it back for a full refund- I am not sure what else we can provide for you.

I don't want you stuck with a product you are unhappy with but we sent the product as ordered and advertised. We offer refunds for any product you are unhappy with, that has always been a policy we stick with. I fail to see how sending error cancelers will a) fix your issue and b) is a suitable substitute for this policy.

5) We have sold a number of these LED upgrades for both E90 and E8X 1-Series vehicles both with and without HID kits. Those that have HID kits, purchased error cancelers through our site and have not received errors. This is the first error I have seen after installation of LEDs. We would not sell a product that was known to cause errors but I have helped you with troubleshooting to determine the source of the errors. Given that you have an after the fact HID kit, my guess is this is the cause of the error.

6) Shipping costs on our website are pulled straight from USPS and FedEx. We do not propose to profit on shipping, it is a service we provide to you to get the product to you. We are a car parts company, not a shipping company. USPS and FedEx profit off of shipping, not us. As I explained to you, USPS charges a base rate for packages up to a certain weight.

As such, it is entirely possible for it to cost the same amount to send a set of LED bulbs as it is to send a matte black grille. I understand it's very expensive in some cases which is why we encourage you to combine orders to spread the shipping cost over several items. I cannot control USPS' base rate, I am very sorry about that.

I hope this provides a sufficient explanation of our side and as always, the offer to send them back for a refund does stand. We are here to help you work through the issue even if the parts were not originally purchased through us.
Excellent reply Nick.

Additionally, this was the only customer who purchased just the LED's. The $99 price includes the labor to install these LED bulbs, so I think we probably should offer a $50 refund because he did the labor himself. Unfortunately our site isn't set up to sell the bulbs alone, so you got charged the $99.

Thanks
JL
Appreciate 0