View Single Post
      07-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #6
fs454
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra's M View Post
Yes! When I search for M1 this is the car that keeps coming up. The bumpers are clearly different than my 135i and the turn signal by the door is also different. Can you buy the M1 in the states? Would I be wrong by calling my 135i with the M sport package an M1? I went into the BMW dealership when I first got my car and I made the mistake of calling it an M1. The guy at the counter said," THAT is not an M1, you wouldn't have been able to afford an M1." Makes me want one....
Right, the 135i is NOT an "M1" or "1M".

The M-Sport package does not increase performance but is a trim level that includes shadow line trim, black headliner, sport seats, M steering wheel and shifter, M door sills, and the M-sport wheels. The 1M is a $70000 vehicle with a wider body, more power, better suspension and a bunch of other goodies. Only around 700 of them were brought into the US.

That's not to say that your car isn't awesome, though. With a tune and some suspension bits you can have a car that's nearly as capable as a 1M. The 135i is a downright amazing car by its own right.
Appreciate 0