10-02-2012, 03:32 PM   #18
Focusedintntions
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i M-Sport :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Derple View Post
4 seconds between climbing esses and oak tree?! Yikes! I think there is a bunch of speed to be had there in turn 10, you just gotta know how to build up the speed. Big mental hurdle to take fast since the exit is blind, as you know, but if you trust the road will be there then it is a very light brake and early turn. If you run out of road, drive straight towards oak tree there is a ton of grass out there. That wall on the left has swallowed a lot of cars for sure, including one of the VIR owner's I heard. Point is know your exit plan when attacking that corner--it is straight off to the right.

Makes sense he pulls away on the front straight if he's got more power. How much more power? Hog pen is the most important corner on the track tho so it is also a good one to work on for improving lap times.

And yeah to stig, soft set up doesn't reward on this track.

My issue there isn't the mental hurdle of the track. It's the grip of my tires and fighting the gforces to stay in my seat haha. It's really hard to feel what the tires are doing when you're using the steering wheel to both drive the car and hold yourself in the seat. I just have the stock seats and seatbelts. They don't do that great of a job holding me as I'm a bigger guy (6'3 260lbs) as say Bstigs recaro's with harnesses do haha. I know the car is easily 2-3 seconds faster a lap there but I need to stay in my seat. I'm faster around the right hand turns than left ones b/c I can brace myself with the door some vs flying into nothing on left hand turns.

Seats and a roll bar are on my winter project list b/c of that fact.