05-28-2005, 01:28 AM   #35
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottz5
All the cars above are good cars and in some ways better then a E90. It just depends on what you like and what fits your needs. BMW fits my driving style and personalit while the others dont, but that does not make them any less of a car.
Very well said. All the cars we have listed here are good cars. I thought long and hard about the IS350 and here's the truth: I really didn't want to wait until September...I wanted a new car for the summer, and I personally thought the old IS looked nicer. That's it. They are the only two reasons I didn't go for the IS. Not because it was beneath the prestige of a BMW, didn't handle as well, or whatever. But that's just me.

I didn't mean to sound like a jerk whe I said my new bimmer is far superior to any other car on the road. It's just that I'm really still on my "honeymoon" with the car, and my head's still buzzing from the whole experience. After all, this is my first actual new car and my first car loan with all the responsibility, so of course I think highly of the car.

I drove a Cavalier before the E90 and that was a great little car! It served it's purpose for the time, and served it well. There's no reason to get so upset here on the fourm. We're all BMW fans so of course all our opinions are going to be a little biased toward BMW. Go to the IS forums and you'll see they have the same exact comments that we have here, only they rate their Lexus as being #1.

And as far as this car looking like this one and that car looking like that one...how many designs are there for 4-door sports sedans? If you look at a car long enough, you can probably think of 100 different cars that it looks like. Only cars like the Delorean might have a chance as being truly unique, but then again, there's the Fiero.

Last edited by deutschmann59; 05-28-2005 at 01:46 AM..
Appreciate 0