Elsabor67
aiming for 450.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: Totaled :-(

Garage List
2009 135i  [10.00]
Ok,

After a bit of lookings and searchings, I still have the squeaking......BUT.....at a very VERY reduced rate.

I might have to get back in again and use a bit more copper grease on all the upper arms where they bolt to the hub and also on the lower shock mount. I might also be removing the powerflex inserts to see what happens there since they do create a gap on the mounting aspect of the subframe. If the sound is fully cured doing that, then I will go with the M3 bushings and sell away my inserts. I'm not saying that they (inserts) are the culprits but I have to check all the blocks and am very happy with them. For the price and benefits of a tighter rear subframe, they are a great choice.

Now the funny thing.......I decided to install my summers for a bit since it was gorgeous out today adn decided to test and see the results. Not a squeak whatsoever. nada, zip nothing!!!! Driving slow or fast.

When I put my winters back on.....after about 30 minutes of driving I started to hear it again but very subdued and barely noticeable which is a positive thing. The brakes went well thanks to the advice and instructions of mikeedler

I will have another update tomorrow and let you know how it went. Thanks to all!!

Nick