///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Funny. Because that's the answer I was given by Larry Koch a few years back when I asked him if there would be a 1M at all.
Having spoken to Larry several times in person and over a couple of ALMS races this yr alone (Sebring and Limerock), he comes out as quite unknowledgeable for his position. Not only does he not know a whole lot about the M road cars, it was pretty embarrassing last weekend when he took folks from the BMW Hospitality tent for a paddock tour and to the nearly half the questions posed he replied: "Good question, I'll have to get back to you on that"... Many of those related to the M3 GT race car he had absolutely no clue about. Luckily for him, one of the Dunlop tire reps inspecting the tires was present and came to his rescue a few times. Was a pretty sorry display frankly.

So maybe M really does stand for Marketing, not Motorsports... You would think BMW would hire someone for that role from a racing/motorsports background, not marketing (former brand manager), but perhaps that's an indication where the branding is indeed headed.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0