View Single Post
      07-29-2011, 05:31 PM   #29
john970
1er
Rep
Drives: 08 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski747 View Post
Breathing some life into the thread. I have the same popping noise from the right side of the dash. It is worse with heat and the AC. It pops 3 to 4 times on each side. Sounds like a rock or something hits the car. In reading the threads, people seem to only have it happen 1 time, but mine is much worse. I have my final visit this Wed the 15th with a BMW engineer and if not solved I get a replacement, repurchase or hopefully trade assist. The dealer has replaced the A-pillars, taken the dash apart and put felt everywhere, but still pops everyday. It sounds as if it comes from the dash, but the dealer checked the suspension and all is well. I read on another thread it was the HVAC door, windshield and even got the advice to ignore the noise. Hopefully it will be fixed or replaced.
Have you had your window regulator replaced? Mine seems to be worse since having that done. Sounds like the window mount might be expanding. If you figure it out please post!

I bet it is a component that is just slightly out of spec and probably looks fine on inspection. Please post if you find anything!
Appreciate 0