Thread: No 128i Love :(
View Single Post
      10-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #344
nato-main-man-5am
special
Rep
Drives: 128i

I love the wide angle mirrors. There are some shots posted around here (a search for wide angle mirror or blind spot mirror should turn them up).

They effectively eliminate the blind spot, but with a gradual curvature that works nicely, I think. Way better than little round discs. Of course, they cost 20 times the price of a little round disc. But I find there's no way I can miss my blind spot, and I can still see the side of my car -- to get a sense of my relationship to everything on the road -- and that is very important for safety for me. And they are OEM so they look clean (though euro OEM so I had to order them from Denmark).

Not sure what you mean about night time. Note I don't have dimming mirrors. I think they make them for those, too, but am not sure.

---

IMO, if one is an audiophile, the HK system may not satisfy. If one is NOT an audiophile, I think the "hifi" base system (not the disastrous base model that was the basic system in parts of 2010 and 2011; but the base system before and after that, which includes tweeters in the windows) is likely to satisfy.

Of course, if you want super thumpin bass, that's a whole different thing from "audiophile" -- and you gotta get a dedicated sub, imo.
Euro spec wide mirrors; sport wheel + paddles; staggered sport rims with Conti ExtremeContact DW. JL Audio 600/6 + technic harness; Gladen Audio 8" Woofers + musicarnw adapters; Morel Hybrid Ovations.
Appreciate 0