04-20-2012, 10:24 AM   #100
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Im assuming this motel is away from the city?

Im still looking for a cheap place. Can anyone make a recommendation of area or even specific place?

Last time I was in Munich (2009) I stayed at a hostel called Wombat City, it was really nice for a hostel, but I think id prefer a private room rather than communal this time around, even if it is cheap.
Yes, Rick and I will be staying at Motel-One in Garching. This hotel is just off the A9 just one exit before the Alianz Arena. That is just a few klicks before the autobahn ends up in the city. Nick the Alianz Arena is also where that big factory dealership( four floors) we went to last year just before the car show. The thing I like about Garching is it is literally ten minute drive to the Welt. And BMW M GmbH is just down the street from the hotel. There is also a U-bahn stop behind the hotel - in case anyone wants to go into the city the night before.

Motel One
Daimlerstraße 5a
85748 Garching (bei München)

English web page...
http://www.motel-one.com/uk/motel-on...-garching.html

There are actually three hotels there. Motel One, IBIS and ETAP. ETAP is the cheapest at ~44 euros per night. IBIS is in the middle class so to speak. But for me the Motel One is really a nice clean modern hotel. Its not very charming but it is a decent hotel for the price(~59 euros).

Dack
Appreciate 0