Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Garage List
2011 BMW 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
The problem is... with run flats... most tire dealers will charge at least 60 euros to dismount your tires. I have heard of some shops that want 120 euros to remove and balance one set of run flats. Then you have to take those TPMS and build them onto your 2nd set of alloys.

In the long run it will be cheaper for you to buy a 2nd set of TPMS and just use those new sensors for your new tires/wheels.

Also be aware that the batteries in the TPMS only last about five years. So make sure teh set you buy hasn't been sitting on the shelf for many years. The tire shops (and the BMW dealer) have a special tool which can read the % of battery life remaining.
My stock run flats are already off the wheels though. My stock wheels will be my winter driving set, and the tires I bought for the VMR's aren't run flat. So, until I return the car to stock and try to sell it, the run flats will either remain off the car, or be sold. (If any of you guys need a set of stock run flat with 80-85% tread, let me know)
Sold 2011 BMW 135i - COBB V2 AP / VMR 710's / 4" AR Catless DP / BMS Intake w/ Air Scoops / Eibach Pro Kit / MadDad Street Series Axle Back / ER Charge Pipe / BMS OCC / Vorshlag Camber Plates / Sammich Sticker
Appreciate 0